Update: Wearing a mask is no longer mandatory as of 6am Thursday 15 April.
Our clinics remain open throughout the COVID-19 pandemic as an essential service. While we all adjust to new systems, rules and regulations, our highest priority is to keep you and our staff safe and healthy so we can continue to help you Move Without Pain.
We take all precautions recommended by Queensland Health and the Australian Podiatry Association, updating our daily procedures as necessary. If you have any specific questions or concerns, please reach out to us.
What we’re doing
- Educating staff on the importance of hand hygiene and cough etiquette.
- COVID-19 Infection Control training.
- Routine cleaning and disinfecting of treatment rooms, waiting areas and bathrooms.
- Placed hand sanitizer throughout each clinic.
- Spaced waiting room seating at least 1.5m apart.
What we’re asking you to do
- Cooperate with a pre-screening prior to your visit (questions listed below).
- Avoid bringing others with you to your appointment, unless it’s absolutely necessary.
- Reduce time spent in the waiting room by arriving as close to your appointment time as possible.
- If waiting room space is over capacity, we may ask you to wait outside or in your car to maintain appropriate social distancing.
- Have you had close contact with a confirmed or probable COVID-19 case?
- Have you travelled outside the country in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days?
- Do you have any flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath)?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, we will:
- Reschedule your appointment as soon as possible after the 14-day exclusion.
- Remind you that protocols state that you must self-isolate at home for 14 days after overseas travel and having close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case.
- Remind you that you should call your GP if you develop respiratory symptoms or fever.
For more information, we recommend the following resources: