As an essential service, our clinics remain open as usual throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. COVID-19 is a highly transmissible virus and our priority is to keep you, our staff and our communities safe and healthy so we can continue to help you Move Without Pain.
Per the current Queensland state public health orders, it is a requirement for anyone entering any Dan Everson Podiatry clinics to wear a face mask, including all staff, patients, and carers/guardians.
If you have a medical condition or a disability that requires you to keep your face uncovered, this is a lawful exemption to having to wear a face mask. Please note, our staff members reserve the right to ask for proof of exemption upon entry to any one of our clinics.
Facilitation of access to care
To meet public health obligations during the current COVID-19 environment, we have a responsibility to keep our health practitioners, staff and patients safe, to allow us to facilitate access to care. If the outlined COVID-19 safe plan and requirements of entry are breached, we reserve the right to refuse treatment.
In this instance, we will:
- Recommend an alternative, local podiatry practice who can provide future treatment.
- Contact your general practitioner for a new referral to another provider (DVA, Medicare referred patients only).
What we’re doing
- Wearing masks.
- In compliance with government directives, all DEP staff are fully vaccinated as of December 15, 2021.
- Regular and routine cleaning and disinfecting with a TGA approved, COVID strength antiviral solution.
- Physical distancing measures in waiting areas, where possible.
- Ensuring information outlining our COVID-19 policy is well displayed throughout our practices.
- Ensuring signs listing COVID-19 symptoms have been placed throughout our practices as a reminder to refrain from entering if you have any symptoms.
- Providing access to hand-hygiene products upon entry and exit, such as an alcohol-based hand sanitiser and/or hand-washing facilities.
What we’re asking you to do
- Wear a mask (if not medically exempt or under the age of 12).
- Cooperate with pre-screening prior to your appointment (see below).
- Avoid bringing others with you to your appointment unless it’s absolutely necessary.
- Do you have any flu-like symptoms (Fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath)?
- Have you had a casual or close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case?
If you answer yes to either of these questions, we will:
- Reschedule your appointment as soon as possible after the 7-day quarantine period.
- Remind you that you should call your general practitioner if you develop respiratory symptoms or fever.
We take all precautions recommended by Queensland Health and the Australian Podiatry Association, updating our daily procedures as necessary. If you have any specific questions or concerns, please reach out.
Thank you for your cooperation and for doing your part in helping to keep us all safe from COVID-19.