Helping their feet for the future
The Dan Everson team of podiatrists has extensive knowledge and experience in treating all aspects of children’s foot and leg complaints. We look for the cause of the problem and develop innovative and effective solutions to help overcome it and set children up for a better life in the years ahead.
✓ Improved balance
✓ Reduced pain
✓ Sports injury healing
✓ Walking pattern correction
Children’s foot care conditions covered
- Skin and nail problems – such as corns and calluses, plantar warts and ingrown toenails
- Balance problems – when children trip over constantly
- Problems with walking pattern – such as in-toeing, out-toeing, knocked knees, bowed legs and toe walking
- Flat feet, inward rolling of feet and ankles
- Hypermobility, hypotonia and ligament laxity
- Heel pain (Sever’s disease)
- Knee pain
- Shin splints
- Limb length discrepancy
- Sports injuries.
During a children’s foot care appointment, patients can expect:
- A 40-minute initial consultation
- Full assessment performed to identify the source of the problem
- A number of possible treatment options.
If orthotics need to be prescribed, functional testing using the Kinetic Method will be done.
Depending on the particular issue or condition, an appointment may include the following:
- Biomechanical assessment
- Foot and leg muscle strength test
- Gait analysis
- Footwear assessment and advice.
We can also treat ingrown toenails conservatively and surgically, if required.
Each year, we run a range of children focused events including ‘back to school’ footwear assessment and advice, and kindy foot screen and education.