High-Powered LED Light Solutions
Photodynamic Antimicrobial Therapy (PACT) is an innovative approach to nail fungus treatment that effectively kills off bacteria, viruses and fungi on the skin and toenails.
✓ Eliminates bacteria and fungi
✓ High intensity LED light
✓ Safe and pain-free
✓ High quality control
Conditions treated with PACT
One of the most common conditions treated with PACT is fungal toenails (Onychomycosis), an infection of the skin under the nail plate. It is estimated to affect up to 1.6 million Australians.
How does PACT work?
- High-powered LED lighting interacts with a photosensitive catalyst gel, producing an energy transfer and chemical reaction that combats the infection.
- This local chemical reaction selectively kills the fungal cells without generating excessive heat or affecting the surrounding tissue, making it safe and pain-free with no side effects.
The treatment process begins with an initial assessment, where your podiatrist will evaluate what the best and most efficient course of action is to help you Move Without Pain.
Once approved for PACT, most patients require 3 treatment sessions, conducted over a 10-day period.
The treatment consists of 3 parts:
- Nail debridement – reduces the thickness of the toenail to decrease the amount of fungus and allow for easier penetration of the nail gel and light.
- Gel application – PACT gel is applied thoroughly using a cotton tip applicator and left to absorb for at least 10 minutes prior to light application.
- Light application – the PACT LED light is positioned over the nail for 9.5 minutes to effectively penetrate and destroy the fungal cells.
Extra toes: $35 per toe
If you have any questions about our PACT bacteria and fungi treatments on the Sunshine Coast or in Indooroopilly, then simply contact us today.