What We Require
We are seeking to employ a receptionist to work at our Noosa location on a casual or part-time basis. Shifts will be a mix of regular (2 days per week) and flexible (to cover illness, etc.). There will be no late evenings or weekends.
This position is the primary contact with patients and has a significant impact on their experience with us. You must work hard to find solutions that assist in achieving great outcomes for our patients and be able to communicate in a bright, personable manner to help patients feel resolved and connected. Having strong attention to detail, being able to self-manage and multi-task are essential.
This role attracts a Level 3 in the Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010 (MA 00027).
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Establishing and maintaining a solid rapport with patients via pre-appointment communication and in-person manner.
- Managing the appointment book, including appointment reminders, appointment follow-ups and recalls.
- Processing billing and payments, including Medicare and DVA claims/processing.
- Preparing referral letters to doctors and allied health professionals.
- Supporting marketing activities and events.
- Stock maintenance and daily cleaning of the clinic and treatment rooms.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years experience as a receptionist (Medical/Allied Health/Clinical experience is an advantage).
- Excellent customer service skills, phone manner and friendly dynamic disposition.
- Mature, able to work alone and take full responsibility for your role.
- High attention to detail, well organised and efficient.
- Highly proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (experience with Smartsoft PracSuite practice management software is an advantage).
- Solid knowledge of Medicare and private health funds.
- Understanding of medical-grade hygiene, cleaning and infection control measures, especially in relation to COVID-19 (ability to sterilise instruments is an advantage)
- In accordance with current public health directives, you must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
About the Company
Dan Everson Podiatry is the largest podiatry practice in the region with 7 full-service clinics and multiple partnerships with medical service providers across the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane metropolitan area. We provide a full range of podiatry services with an emphasis on biomechanic solutions and orthotics.
Learn more here.
If you fit this description and are interested in being part of the Dan Everson Podiatry team, please submit your resume and a cover letter.